Where is the bug?
I was on the Portal trying to access files related to my project, but they were restricted access and I couldn’t copy them to Cavatica.
I should have access to these, my PI received the approval from dbGaP last week.
The cohort has lock symbols in the File Repository.
Have You Tried Any Troubleshooting Already?
- I checked all of my authentication and the connections seem correct.
- I looked into the dbGaP application and saw my name on the list.
- Operating system: MacOS
- Browser and Browser Version: Chrome 86.0.4240.80
This is a relatively common issue that users have. My usual suggestion is to check the following:
- If you connected and authenticated with Gen3 in the portal more than 30 days ago, you may need to disconnect gen3 and then re-authenticate. As a security feature, the authentication expires every 30 days.
- Make sure that your dbgap application not only has you on it (if you aren’t the PI on it) but also has you as an “Approved Downloader”. Instructions for doing so can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions here.
- Make sure that you are trying to access files that your dbGaP application allows you to access. On the Dashboard page of the portal, there is a facet titled
Authorized Studies. In that facet, under each study is a set of Data Access Groups that you grant you access to particular files. An easy way to make sure you only look at files you have access to is by clicking on the number of files you have access to next to the study name (circled in red below)
If you’re still having issues accessing files let me know and I’ll be glad to help!